This tour to the east coast fo the island will have you visit the oldest part of the island and includes Salto da Farinha geosite and waterfall, Ribeira dos Caldeirões, Nordeste, Nature Reserve of Tronqueira, Priolo Environmental Center, Sossego and Madrugada overviews, Salto do Prego Trail and Povoação.
From this viewpoint you get a broad view of part of the north coast of the island as well as part of the mountains of the northeast.
This viewpoint is next to a waterfall whose water falls on a precipice more than 40 meters high whose waters are iron.
- In the vicinity of this viewpoint you will find the Miradouro da Pedra dos Estorninhos
- You can see waterfall, 40 meters high
This natural park is located on the slopes of Serra da Tronqueira and occupies part of the course of Ribeira do Guilherme, a river where the Botanical Garden of Ribeira do Guilherme is also located.
In this natural park it is possible to observe an abundant and varied Macaronesian flora.
- The Laurissilva is dominant and where large tree ferns stand out.
- Also abundant are masses of hydrangeas and criptomerias of great size
The trail is located in one of the most remote areas of the island, densely covered by lush vegetation, including some plants native to the Azores.
Feel like one of the first settlers of the Azores to explore the island from the sea to the higher interior. Walk parallel to a beautiful stream, enjoying the sound and views of moving water, until you reach one of the high points of the day – the waterfall of Salto do Prego. You can even take a bath in the stream if the weather is hot and you feel like coming back from the climb on foot.
- Visit the Prego Falls Waterfall
- Getting to know Sanguinho, a secluded mountain village
- Views of Faial from Earth from above
- Observe the dense vegetation of the Azores
Our goal is to meet your best expectations on your visit to our island!